Alternative Wedding Reception Activities – Instead of Dancing
- Video Games
- Comedy Show
- Bride and Groom Comedy Roast
- Karaoke Singing
- Treasure Hunt
- Mystery Theater
- Comedy Improv Troupe Performances
- Themed Weddings with Activities.
Example: Lord of the Rings
Alternatives to Wedding Reception Dancing Are Limited Only by Your Imagination
- Video Gamer Theme Activities – if the happy couple are video gamers, then the wedding reception can include video game stations. Or video game themed activities.
- Fantasy Theme Activities – If the wedding couple love the Lord of the Rings fantasy saga – then wedding reception activities could include a reception guest fantasy adventure in finding the One Ring or outwitting Smaug the dragon.
- Comedy Show Entertainment gives a personalized touch for wedding receptions. And if the bride and groom are game – maybe even a Bride and Groom Comedy Roast.
- For Aspiring Rock Stars – Karaoke Singing is always a favorite.
- Interactive Mystery Theater Performances – a fun wedding reception activity that will involve all guests. There are Mystery Theater troupes in almost every city; most will be happy to schedule custom performances. Your Mystery Theater performance could also include heavy doses of humor. Performances can be planned, based on your wedding reception theme and requirements.
How to Involve All Wedding Reception Guests
The key to providing successful wedding reception activities without dancing is to involve as many reception guests as possible. Whenever possible, try to choose activities in which all guests can participate. And have fun! From the very young to seniors – everyone likes to laugh and have a fun time.
It’s your day and your Celebration: Plan your wedding reception activities based on your interests – and the interests and abilities of your guests.
A Good Time Will Be Had By All!
Photos by Lilia Photography, www.lilia.com
Photo Credit: Leah Renee Photography
Photo Credit: Persimmon Images
Photo Credit: PS Davis
Photo Credit: Ian Mullen